WHY FACTOR



A lady asked me during a recent workshop WHY do we have to be nice. Why do we have to be great at customer service. I asked her where she likes to go shopping, then I asked her how many hours she works in a week.
I then asked her that when she goes shopping with her hard earned money, and she steps into her favourite clothes shop wanting to buy something, that if she was met by apathetic staff who were none to phased about serving her - would she still spend her money there.

The answer was no, she would'nt. So I explained that when customers enter her workplace, they too have their hard earned money in their pockets and will take their money elsewhere quite readily if she does not give excellent service. If and when that happens, she will be out of a job pretty soon and will not be able to go shopping.
The point was understood.